I got on the scale today. The official weekly weigh in has told me that I lost 10 pounds from when I first started Keto.
- My feet feel better. Still some pain, but not “limp in pain to the bathroom every morning” bad.
- I stopped snoring loudly when I sleep. Only one person has benefited so far from this. My throat also feels better in the morning.
- I feel lighter.
- My clothes feel looser. I think I went down a cup size because there is extra fabric on the sides of my bra.
- My mind feels clearer. I am remembering things better. Small victories but I can still notice them.
- I sometimes feel like jogging when I am out on walks. I don’t do it, but I like that I am mentally preparing myself for more exercise. Because I feel lighter, I know that it won’t impact my joints as badly. Also, since my feet have been feeling better, that has something to do with the confidence.
- I don’t really have zits anymore. A nice surprise.
- I no longer use Tums, something that was happening quite often last year.
It has been a nice journey so far. I have been tempted a few times, but I have been strong. I have had great people around me who have been encouraging and nice about my diet. Pretty much everyone knows. But it’s not like before where I was on the strictest of diets… I think this is different because it is not so bad. It’s not hard to stick to this diet. For instance, I can still go to all my favorite junky fast food restaurants and order something. I don’t do that, because I am cooking more, but if I wanted to I could do it. Meat and cheese is the best combo that I can eat and I do it a bunch.
I stopped wearing jeans because I could not bear to get a larger size. That was last year. I am gonna do my best to celebrate the small victories. I did not really celebrate this morning because I weighed myself later last week and the number was the same on the scale. But I am doing my best to stay positive! The mentality of “time flying” is getting me through the month. It has already been three weeks! That is an accomplishment! Why am I not more excited? Maybe I am just still wanting the weight to come off sooner. I have to be patient. That has always been my weakness. I am that type of person. I wonder if that is something I can change in myself? It feels like the sense of urgency will never go away.
* * *
I did the 23andMe genetic test! I JUST submitted it yesterday. I have been wanting to know more about my genetics for a LONG time. Mainly because I look like everything. I bought the ancestry and health test for a $100 during Cyber Monday. (Normally a $200 test) Now I shall wait the 6 to 8 weeks and get an email soon enough. I can’t wait!!! I want to tell my family everything as soon as I get it. I feel like they will be disappointed. But whatever! I will know what I am! And the health portion is also important too. I feel like I don’t know any health stuff in my family. That would be nice.
* * *
I will be quitting my second job pretty soon. I decided that in order to get cheap health insurance, and peace of mind, I will quit the job I most dislike. I really want 2018 to be about self-healing and having calmness in myself. My second job makes me hate life. I will quit it and still be okay. I will also use the extra time to study for the GRE, take a class (free online, online or at a school), cook meals or workout.
I am going to be content this year. I am going to be ambitious this year. I am going to be motivated this year.