I applied for this job back in April and they called me last Wednesday to ask if I still wanted the job due to one of their employees leaving to be closer to home. I was thrilled. It was a job I still wanted and made an interview for the next day.
Yesterday, I was extended an offer. I finally was able to give my two weeks to my current positions. At my first job, I am with a company that I have serious mixed feelings about and now, I am finally able to leave. My second job was something that I just started on the 1st. It was much harder to give him my two weeks.
I am now flooded with pride and opportunity.
This is what I want this job to be like:
- Just a job. I don’t want to feel bad for nobody. I don’t want responsibility of someone else’s feelings.
- Full-time. I can now brag that I have an adult, full-time job with overtime benefits. I also have the chance to move up within this new company.
- Money-maker. I want to save up money for big things. School, food and travel to be specific.
- Experience. I am unsure about the corporate experience, but I am excited that this will introduce me to some of it.
- Insurance. More specifically, health insurance. I no longer have to worry about where my health insurance is coming from.
- A stepping stone. More money, more experience, more responsibility. All will give me more direction to where I want to go (Wherever that may be). I am happy about this because I know that this may be something I don’t want to do, but due to the overwhelming benefits of this new job, it outweighs whatever I am doing right now. I am okay with that.
P.S. No more cockroaches. No more babysitting seniors’ smoke breaks. No more blatant misguidance or lack thereof. Just Adult Work.